Berkeley Contract Packaging makes a concerted effort to be good corporate citizens. We care about the current generation, their children, and children’s children.
Our major focus has been on reducing our carbon footprint by providing packaging solutions that minimize the impact on the environment. With our ability to offer turnkey services, we can have a positive effect on this mission.
Sustainability begins with a comprehensive design. We partner with selected suppliers who leave no stone unturned in an effort to come up with new materials that are gentler for the environment. Our designs focus on the needs of the entire value chain, including the brand owner’s marketing, manufacturing and logistics functions, as well as retailers and consumers.
Here are some of the ways in which Berkeley Contract Packaging is working with suppliers on sustainable packaging initiatives:
- Continually moving towards using the most renewable and recyclable materials available, such as PET instead of PVC.
- Replacing clam shells with trap blisters to reduce the amount of plastic in a package.
- Using a recyclable paper belly-band instead of shrink-wrap.
- Reducing the package weight.
- Removing extra material.
- Making re-usable packaging.
- Utilizing any scrap material created during the manufacturing process in the production of other new products.
During the course of designing a package, we take into consideration the use of other materials as well. Our goal is to minimize the use of these materials in the course of creating the secondary package. This includes size of shippers, amount of dunnage, etc.
We also strive to reduce the overall size of the package, driving other savings, such as materials, energy, transport and disposal.
Let Berkeley Contract Packaging help minimize environmental impact by working to create a package you can feel good about.